Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'll be on the lookout for a pony-tailed Scottish guy with a big sword

Man, I meant to post this the day it happened, but unfortunately I was actually working at work, so I couldn't. I was telling my friend Dan this story this afternoon, and it reminded me to post it. There's going to be some colorful language here, so turn away if you don't want to read it (ahem family members)

I'm sitting in Farragut Square with my friend Kasey last Thursday eating lunch. There are a few interesting characters who hang out in the park all day long, from the hordes of bike couriers, to the sleeping homeless guys, and occassionally the severely crazy people.

There's a woman I've seen there before, usually talking to herself hanging out in the park. Well, I'm in the middle of a conversation with Kasey, but I see her making a beeline for us from across the park with her eyes fixed on me. So I'm listening or talking one, but I'm totally distracted with this woman walking up to us.

And she stops right next to us, bends down closely, looks severely pissed off, waves a finger in my face, and says emphatically:

Don't you EVER tell me to settle down again! If you do, I will find a FUCKING Highlander to come after you! Do you hear me?
-speechless-

Kasey and I sorta just stared at her dumbfounded, and tried not to laugh as she waited for us to concur that we understood the ramifications of ever telling her to settle down.

I for one, am going to be on the lookout for this guy on my six'o clock for the next few weeks: