Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"And yooouuu are......?"

AJC photo by Brant Sanderlin

"Hi, I'm new first-baseman Mark Teixeira. I just got here from Texas"

"Hi, I'm...uh....(mumble)-baseman Scott Thorman. Sit here, I was just getting up to catch my plane to Richmond."

-awkward silence-

Tex arrived during the seventh inning, in uniform after taking BP in the tunnel, and was greeted with a nice ovation. Wish I coulda been there. At least I'll get to see 'em three times in September against the Nats

As for how it felt walking out of the tunnel for his first time in the building as a Braves player?

"Once I found out how to get down there, it was nice," Teixeira said. "It was great just walking out there. I came out, the bases were loaded, and we scored some more runs. It was just nice being out there, and when the fans realized I was here and gave me a nice ovation, it felt great."