Monday, January 29, 2007

Say Cheese

I knew I should watch the mail for the next few weeks. Back in December, The Bride and I were driving somewhere. I think we were going to church on a Sunday that I had to play guitar, which is why we were driving and not metroing it. We were talking about something as I cruised down 14th Street towards U Street. Basically due to my inattention, I looked up at the light just a little too late and decided to not slam on the brakes when I saw that it was yellow, and coasted right through the intersection after it turned red. I knew as soon as I did it that it was one of the intersections monitored by the MPD with a traffic camera.

So I told the Bride, "I think I just got a ticket."

Sure enough, back at the first of the month, I got a ticket in the mail with a series of three pictures of me running the light. The files are large enough that they can blow up and enhance your license plate to ID your vehicle.

That's me, all the way over to the right.

"Won't happen again, officer."