Thursday, December 14, 2006

17th Street and Q Street NW


17th Street and Q Street NW, originally uploaded by whiteknuckled.

Just thought I'd share a photo of one of my most favorite buildings in D.C. I see this one every day as the early morning sun hits the front corner of the building as I bike down 17th Street to work each day. Every day I wish I had my camera, today I finally did. I enjoy Dupont Circle and all, but I absolutely love the Dupont neighborhood that lies east of the circle along 18th, 17th, and 16th streets between Massachussetts on the south and U street on the north.

Today, I noticed that there is a "building for sale" sign on the upper west face of the building, but I can't tell if it's the whole corner building that's for sale, or just part of it. Either way, I can't even begin to imagine how expensive this beautiful corner house would be, considering the fact that it's three floors and at least 4000 square feet, if not much more. I'd like to find out some history about it. Anyone know anything?



Oh, and yes, I'm hopefully back on this. I had been working myself silly for a good reason since we moved here, and hadn't had time to pay much attention to this. I believe my hard work has paid off, but I'll talk about that later.